VOLUNTEERING AT THE TRAIN AND HOBBY SHOW
9th – 11th March 2019
SANDOWN RACECOURSE 591 – 659 Princes Hwy Springvale VIC 3171
The Train and Hobby Show has been running for 13 years at Sandown Racecourse. The show runs for 3 days and 2 days of setup. (1 day for pre- bump in and 1 day of bump in. During that time we have over 500 exhibitors and 8 - 12 thousand people through the gates.
With the continual expansion of exhibitors and growing attendance, we are always looking for suitable people to give us a hand to help put on the greatest hobby show in Australia.
If you like the idea of being part of the show and gain some valuable experience in working at a major event, then apply now!
Some of the roles and duties you can expect:
Before and after the show opens / closes:
- Direct exhibitors to their space
- Help erect / dismantle structures and fences
- Assist mapping out floor plans
- Direct exhibitor traffic for bump in / bump out
- Help exhibitors with transferring goods to/ from exhibit space
During the show:
- Meet and Greet patrons
- Ticket scanning
- Exit gate – pass outs & thank you
- Guide and flyer distribution
- Exhibit attendance – assist in running an exhibit
- Exhibit relief – relieve solo exhibitors for breaks
- Ushers – direct patrons to various exhibits
- Runner/Gofer – Various tasks as required by Organiser
What are the benefits? To say thank you, we will offer you:
- Complimentary tickets (2 Adult and 2 children)
- Lunch vouchers and bottled water
- Unmatched work experience
- A reference for your resume’
- Acknowledgment of your efforts
There are many roles and duties available, some require more physical labour than others. Some require standing for long periods while others require you to be seated. There is always a job to do to keep you busy. We encourage people of all ages and abilities to apply.
Joining the team at the Train and Hobby Show is as simple as filling in the form below or the online application. We will then assess your application and match it to our requirements. Once we have accepted your application we will contact you with the details you need.
During the show most volunteers with be dealing with the general public and as such you will be the face of the show. This requires our volunteers to adhere to a high standard.
- be well presented (no holes or tears in clothes)
- have good customer service skills
- be punctual
- wear neat and comfy closed toe shoes
- be polite and courteous at all times
- be willing to assist with any matters that arise appropriately
- have a current Working With Children Check
You will be trained and issued with ID, HiVis vest and radio where required.
More information about the show can be found here http://www.trainandhobbyshow.com.au/
The online application to volunteer HERE
Or fill in the paper application and post it to us:
PO Box 2109
North Brighton, 3186